On 23 November 2017 the European Commission adopted and published the Third list of 173 key energy infrastructure projects which will contribute to the accomplishment of the European objectives in the area of energy and climate. The projects are the fundamental building blocks of EU Energy Union. The list of 23 November 2017 is an update of the list of projects of common interest, adopted in November 2015. It includes 106 electricity transmission and storage, 4 smart grid deployment, 53 gas, 6 oil and 4 cross-border carbon dioxide network.
More details on PCIs are available of the official Internet site of the European Commission (ЕC)
Bulgartransgaz EAD projects, included in the Third PCIs list, are part of the corridor of priority North-South Gas Interconnections in Central Eastern and South Eastern Europe ('NSI East Gas'):
- Rehabilitation, modernization and expansion of the Bulgarian gas transmission system (PCI 6.8.2)
- Capacity expansion of Chiren UGS (PCI 6.20.2)
- Infrastructure to allow the development of the Bulgarian gas hub (Gas Hib Balkan) (PCI 6.25.4)
- The project Eastring - Bulgaria (PCI 6.25.1)
The inclusion of a project in the list of PCIs demonstrates that the EC had identified it to be an investment of particular importance for the security and diversification of supply of natural gas in Europe and the establishment of the integrated and competitive market.
The projects of Bulgartransgaz EAD that were included in the Second, however not in the Third PCI list:
- Bulgaria – Turkey Interconnector (Second PCI List Project number – PCI 4.2)
Please send any comments, questions and recommendations regarding the projects of common interest to the official electronic e-mail of the company email@example.com by filling in the enclosed Standard Form.